FLAME TRAP (WFT239)
· The Model WFT239 is used to protect low pressure waste gas systems if a fire is burning in the piping.
· The flame trap is a valve intended to prevent backfiring of inflammable mixture of air and vapor and gas etc. automatically.
· The flame trap assembly serves to extinguish a fire occurring in sewage and other facilities where methane gas is apt to be produced.
· When the gas catches fire, the valve is closed by the generated heat to stop the gas flow.
· The Flame Trap is generally installed in gas lines leading from each digester and gas holder.
· It is also installed in a line to gas utilization equipment, as close as possible to the source of combustion.
- Spring actuated Quick shut-off thermal valve and fusible element, Sight glass and indicator hood.
- Size : 2” through 12”
- Available in Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
- Other size and material to be consulted by factory.